best on-line shrimp store for east coast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikemou

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi all-

i'm in dc and wonder if you know any good on-line shopping source for shrimps? someone suggested one in arizona but the shipping will most likely be way over $40. i don't want to spend that kind of money on shipping if something is relatively close-by.

thanks!

www.petshrimp.com has cherry shrimp for $2.00 each, about $13.00 shipping for 1-100. They were selling them for $1.50 each, not sure if they still are though.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwinverts&1140751946 I just got a bunch from this seller last week, nice deal for setting up a small shrimp tank. There was even a stray fish fry in the bag, possibly an australe orange killie, according to the seller. I'm waiting to see what it turns out to be, it's still tiny and transparent.

toddnbecka said:
www.petshrimp.com has cherry shrimp for $2.00 each, about $13.00 shipping for 1-100. They were selling them for $1.50 each, not sure if they still are though.

I will personally recommend petshrimp.com as I was pleasantly surprised that "mailed" shrimp arrived 100% live! The red cherrys are very small and perhaps I wasn't diligent enough caring for them cause they slowly died off during the course of 3-4 months. My opinion for what it's worth.... you really can't keep these small baby cherrys in your main fish aquarium cause:
1. Your filter might be too stong and suck em up.
2. Your fish may find them tasty.

The only shrimp I've had success with have been the Amanos and I have 2 chuggin along in my main 29gal. A couple of LFS carry them and this reminds me to pick up a few more to help with Algae control.

Back
Top Bottom