Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-08-2009, 02:51 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Best place to buy driftwood?

I'm looking for a small unique piece of drift wood for my 10 gallon but no stores around here have anything remotely unique. Are there any online stores that specialize in driftwood?

Old 01-08-2009, 07:52 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to jcarlilesiu
I have heard good things about www.drsfostersmith.com in regard to their driftwood.

jcarlilesiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:52 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

eBay also has some nice pieces. Just be sure to read the seller's feedback. I've seen some weighed down with slate, large knots, small arches, and everything in between on eBay.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:34 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

AquaBid has a good selection and you may be able to pick out individual pieces on there.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:01 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ted Judy is a great guy to deal with, and he has some amazing pieces. His stuff is all the really dense Malaysian type that sinks really well.

The major bonus over one of the chains (as mentioned above) is that you actually get to see what you are buying.
RogerMcAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:45 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerMcAllen View Post
Ted Judy is a great guy to deal with, and he has some amazing pieces. His stuff is all the really dense Malaysian type that sinks really well.

The major bonus over one of the chains (as mentioned above) is that you actually get to see what you are buying.

Amazingly HIGH prices! You can find MUCH better deals than that on AquaBid and still see exaclty what you are getting. $55 for a piece of driftwood?!?! I think I'll start collecting it and selling it if people are willing to pay that much for a piece like that.

Tags
drift, driftwood

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com