Best plant fixture for about $100?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elephantnose

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay so I'm wanting to upgrade my lighting from t8 to better suit my plants. I am 15 and only have a $100ish to spend.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Okay so I'm wanting to upgrade my lighting from t8 to better suit my plants. I am 15 and only have a $100ish to spend.

Gotcha. Go to Aquatraders - Guaranteed Best Prices on Aquarium Lightings + Free Shipping!. They carry Beamswork and Green Element fixtures and surprisingly have good PAR for growing plants.

PAR Info thread for Beamswork: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=415522

Dual T5HO ODYSSEA: http://www.aquatraders.com/48-inch-2x54W-T5-Aquarium-Light-Fixture-p/52123.htm

Beamswork LED: http://www.aquatraders.com/LED-Aquarium-Lighting-Beamswork-Tropical-Fish-p/56327p.htm

Last edited:
Should of mentioned this sorry. 48"
Long is what I need.

If you're stick under a hundred than t5ho is your best bet.. if you can swing a finnex?? Go for it!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah, at first I was asking about the odyssea dual. Some people advised against it so I thought if I went up another $50 I could get a better light but I wasn't sure what one.

If you're stick under a hundred than t5ho is your best bet.. if you can swing a finnex?? Go for it!!

What's the best finnex. I should be saving for a car but screw it.

Yeah, at first I was asking about the odyssea dual. Some people advised against it so I thought if I went up another $50 I could get a better light but I wasn't sure what one.

Well like Mebbid told you earlier in another thread, ODDYSEA is a lower end fixture. It is not going to be as good as an Aquatic Life. But you know what? I was 15 once and I understand how it is moneywise. So, purchase what you are able, and HAVE FUN!

Hmm, I would say the Ray2. Maybe Brookster123 will chime in with his opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think brookster has the planted plus. So I guess it's between those two.

Okay, I'll wait for his advice. Thanks for your help.

Is the Finnex fugeway a good one?
Brookster? I'm sorry about asking so many question but I'm lost when it comes to leds.

I'll always recommend to the planted plus for low/med.light..and you can always double up later..

I think that's what I'm going to go with. Thanks just curious is yours doubled up or do you just have one?

Back
Top Bottom