best silk plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TracyRee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What silk plants do you think are the best? I'm looking for the most natural looking ones (of course)

I ordered 4 sizes of SeaGarden's Curly Crispus today and would like a couple different varieties to go with them

I love the Sea Garden varieties. That's about the only version of silk plant that I have seen that I like so far. So, Unfortanetly, I have no advice, expect to give kudos to Sea Garden.

Good luck on finding some.

What kind of fish do you have? I have bettas, so I only use silk plants with them. I have the Sea Garden Curly Crispus plants. They look very nice, but they have a bit of a brownish color to them. I also have some base plants from Imagine, and they are a much darker green. The base plants don't really match the curly crispus (but that will not matter to the fish!) But I am kind of looking for base plants that will match the crispus a little better. I also have a few Penn Plax silk plants that I also like, but can't find anymore.

P.S. If I remember correctly, the crispus had a pointy, white plastic flower in the leaves. I cut this part off so it wouldn't hurt the betta.

Back
Top Bottom