Best sinking carnivore pellets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squall

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 3" yellow prince tiger pleco and from researching online, I read that this is an omnivore that inclines on eating meat.

I am thinking to feed it sinking carnivore pellets, since he lives inside the cave of decor which I don't know if he comes out at night, and probably drop the pellets in his caves.

I tried feeding him frozen blood worms, but his tankmates (2-3" blood parrots, 2-3" red gold severums, a 3 inch geo brasiliensis, a 1.5 inch green terror) get to snack at the bloodworms like ightning so I think none is left for him :(.

What is the best sinking carnivore pellets for him?

I regularly feed my fishes NLS Thera+A. I also have the Hikari Sinking Cichlid gold but I think its not carnivore pellets. I also have Hikari algae wafers.

I want to make sure he eats real good since I never see him go out of his cave, only see him once or twice a day and mostly tail or fin only. Also he is a $60 fish :D and don't want him to die of starvation. My 2 other plecos, 2" albino BN pleco and 2" rubberlip pleco, are always up and about sucking the glass and decors so I know they are eating well and I drop 1 algae wafer every other night for them.

Stick with NLS exclusively. That is far better than anything else out there.

NLS is a great pellet food, but so is Xtreme (if you can find it). Supplementation with frozen meaty foods is a good idea as well IMO.

Back
Top Bottom