Best snail eating loach?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I finally found a website with some good information, looks like i need to buy 3-4 more sometime soon.

Thanks, I hope so too!

Yeah, I finally found a website with some good information, looks like i need to buy 3-4 more sometime soon.

Thanks, I hope so too!

Yeah! Get a couple more. They are brilliant in a group. I only had space for three but they can live up to 20 years (!?!) so I'm sure eventually there will be room for a few more.

Ok, I'll pick a couple more up soon.

These guys were starting to scare me a bit last night, they were trying to wedge themselves in between my sponge filter and where it suctions to the glass, and then looked like they were falling off. I got scared thinking they didn't have the energy or something to stay on it, but then realized they just didn't care because they finally swam away and got into trouble elsewhere lol

Ok, I'll pick a couple more up soon.

These guys were starting to scare me a bit last night, they were trying to wedge themselves in between my sponge filter and where it suctions to the glass, and then looked like they were falling off. I got scared thinking they didn't have the energy or something to stay on it, but then realized they just didn't care because they finally swam away and got into trouble elsewhere lol

Ha ha! They are mischiefs that's for sure. I liken mine to excitable puppies. All energy, no common sense. :)

What about dojo loaches? They are pretty readily available in my area, and if possible, I'd like to start avoiding shipping costs. Spent way too much on importing bettas this month! Oops! Lol

dojo loach will not eat snails. they do, however, make great weather forecasters.

dojo loach will not eat snails. they do, however, make great weather forecasters.

Haha, how are they great weather forecasters?

Mcor, your analogy is perfect!! They are hilarious! I have only had them for a day, but they are already my favorite fish in that tank!

Haha, how are they great weather forecasters?

Mcor, your analogy is perfect!! They are hilarious! I have only had them for a day, but they are already my favorite fish in that tank!

when a storm is near the barometric pressure changes. dojo loaches have the ability to detect the barometic pressure change and start to swim frantically or standing on their end. In another word, they become more active before/during the storm. thus they have the nickname of weather loach:brows:

That's really cool!
I knew that bettas were good storm predictors because they build more nests when pressure changes, but I didn't know that about dojos.

You learn something new everyday! Lol

And plant re-scapers. :brows: I had to resort to putting my plants in thier tank in pots with glass beads over the dirt just to keep from finding them all floating every morning. :facepalm:

I had a couple botias that kept my tank free of snails from day one. (side note: need to get more ASAP, lost them recently due to a pH crash :( ) I never had luck with loaches

Back
Top Bottom