Best test kits?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scott28

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey,

Can anyone recommend a comprehensive test kit.. I currently have tetra test strips, but would like a better testing kit.

Ideally want a test kit which isn't all on one test strip.

Also enjoying the forum and learning lots!

Cheers :)

I think you can buy them additionally , I not positive. I have the API master test kit and it's amazing. Really recommend it.

I use the API master test kit and also have the API KH/GH kit and API phosphate test kids that were bought seperate.

API is good, I use it and have good results. I however HATE the API NitrAte kit with a ever loving passion from the pit of my soul, I use Salifert's NitrAte kit. I found the API to give different reading most of the time. You have to be to pull off some Bruce Lee move to shake rattle and roll those bottles to get it to work properly and the colors are just way off IMO.

Of course this my own opinion and it's solely based on my experience with them. I do use the rest of the API kit.

Convict2161 said:
API is good, I use it and have good results. I however HATE the API NitrAte kit with a ever loving passion from the pit of my soul, I use Salifert's NitrAte kit. I found the API to give different reading most of the time. You have to be to pull off some Bruce Lee move to shake rattle and roll those bottles to get it to work properly and the colors are just way off IMO.

Of course this my own opinion and it's solely based on my experience with them. I do use the rest of the API kit.

Lmao!!I feel the same! I hate the nitrate one, my arms are so sore after testing! I think im going to look into the Salifert's, I absolutely dread testing!

I just went to my lfs and got them to check my water levels til I get my kit, it was over £10 more expensive (ouch) so I ordered online. My Nitrate levels were quite high :-( all the others were fine.

The api nitrate test isnt very exacting but in fw it doesn't really need to be. Buying a separate nitrate test on top of the one that comes with the kit is unnecessary for this purpose imo.

I was going to get API master test kit but it was to expensive. It was 40 some dollars. Anyway, I just got the pH tester kit and the Ammonia tester kit. The pH test comes with 1 bottle of chemicals, 1 test vile, and a pH color card. The Ammonia comes with 2 bottles of chemicals, 1 test vile, and a saltwater and freshwater color card.

Back
Top Bottom