Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-07-2021, 09:12 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Best water temperature for goldfish & guppies in the same tank

Hi, very new to fish. 20G tank. I use a mesh to house the guppies separately but they are still sharing the water with the goldfishes (2 fancy, 1 common). I understand that goldfish like colder water / guppies like warmer water, so what is the best temperatures that anyone have successfully housed both of them? Thanks

Old 09-08-2021, 02:08 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycali View Post
Hi, very new to fish. 20G tank. I use a mesh to house the guppies separately but they are still sharing the water with the goldfishes (2 fancy, 1 common). I understand that goldfish like colder water / guppies like warmer water, so what is the best temperatures that anyone have successfully housed both of them? Thanks
Long term guppies and goldfish will not work out, especially in a 20 gallon tank. Common goldfish can exceed 12 inches and generate a lot of waste. The 20 gallon may seem big now, but they will quickly outgrow it. Guppies and Goldfish also have completely different ideal temperature ranges. I would recommend rehoming all of the goldfish and just going with the guppies as they are a much better choice for a 20 gallon.

Tags
ate, fish, gold, goldfish, guppie, guppies, tan, tank, temperature, water, water temp, water temperature

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com