Best way to level a stand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

20 20

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm going to be getting a long tank (60" or 72", not sure yet). It's going in my basement, where I can place it along one of two different walls. The floor by one of the walls is level, but by the other wall it isn't. It's got 3/8 to 1/2 inch drop over a 6 foot range. Of course, that's the wall I'd prefer the tank be on. So, simple shims at the end and in the middle? It might look too 'rigged' for my taste. Any one have any ideas on how to do this without it looking like "I" leveled the stand?

I agree, those shims do a great job. what kind of stand? is ia a solid bottom, or is it supported by just 4 points?

whitetiger_CJ said:
I agree, those shims do a great job. what kind of stand? is ia a solid bottom, or is it supported by just 4 points?

Actually, I'm not sure yet! I'm just going to buy a standard stand from the fish store when I get the tank. I have a feeling it's a solid bottom, but next time I go to the store I'll check it out.

with this being uneven you are definetly better off with a solid bottom and it will hold the tank nicely with the shims and all should actually be fine...good luck! :D

Back
Top Bottom