Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 08-13-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 17
Best Way To Transport A Large Tank??

Hello Everyone,

I'm getting ready to part with my 1000 gallon tank- what's the best way to transport it? Or do you know of any good carriers to handle such a task?

I just want to have all my research done, before I list it.

thank you,
__________________

__________________
micromail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
vance1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Washington USA
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by micromail View Post
Hello Everyone,

I'm getting ready to part with my 1000 gallon tank- what's the best way to transport it? Or do you know of any good carriers to handle such a task?

I just want to have all my research done, before I list it.

thank you,
A uhaul moving truck lots of man power and lots of cushion to help prevent damage how far are you transporting it and lucky you with a 1000g tank
__________________

__________________
Fish addict Forever! or FaF for short.
vance1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 17
Thanks, Vance. I actually haven't sold it yet, but before I get into trying to sell it- I want to know what I'll need to better prepare myself. I don't want someone entering my home so I will definitely be doing the moving.

thank you,
__________________
micromail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:16 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
AquaShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sunshine state
Posts: 116
Just wondering, how big is a 1000 gallon tank?
__________________
AquaShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
vance1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Washington USA
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by micromail View Post
Thanks, Vance. I actually haven't sold it yet, but before I get into trying to sell it- I want to know what I'll need to better prepare myself. I don't want someone entering my home so I will definitely be doing the moving.

thank you,
I feel the same way I prefer to move things my way got any pics of this monster tank
__________________
Fish addict Forever! or FaF for short.
vance1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaShark View Post
Just wondering, how big is a 1000 gallon tank?
These are the dimensions 128x48x40 and it's 1.5 inches thick
__________________
micromail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:22 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
vance1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Washington USA
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by micromail View Post

These are the dimensions 128x48x40 and it's 1.5 inches thick
Dang thought my 125g was heavy lol its an old tank with no center brace and 3/4" thick glass
__________________
Fish addict Forever! or FaF for short.
vance1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:21 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
AquaShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sunshine state
Posts: 116
That sounds huge :O looks like I have a new dream tank haha.
__________________
AquaShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:12 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
AngelFishGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 880
Sorry to be off topic - but I hope that thing is being put to good use and it housing Arowannas, gars, oscars, red tail catfish, etc. a tank that big deserves the top fish!!
__________________
I may be a little TOO obsessed with my angels...
AngelFishGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelFishGirl View Post
Sorry to be off topic - but I hope that thing is being put to good use and it housing Arowannas, gars, oscars, red tail catfish, etc. a tank that big deserves the top fish!!

Well, hopefully the new owner of this does just that. When I post it for sale I'll let this community know of the sale. It's a beautiful tank with tons of great accessories. I would image a beautiful collection of fish swimming freely in this baby...

__________________
micromail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:31 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Rotherham, S.yorkshire
Posts: 188
Do you have any pics of the tank when it was up and running? Preferably with fish? i would love a tank so big!!
__________________
Wayne487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:54 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne487 View Post
Do you have any pics of the tank when it was up and running? Preferably with fish? i would love a tank so big!!

sorry, but I don't have any images of it while it was active. If you're interested in this one I will be selling - it comes with tons of goodies. It's an expensive tank, but with all the goodies/accessories it comes with, it would make the investment well worth it.

I have pictures, but not of it active.

__________________
micromail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:11 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
vance1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Washington USA
Posts: 1,319
Just out of curiosity how much are you selling it for
__________________
Fish addict Forever! or FaF for short.
vance1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:45 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Rotherham, S.yorkshire
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by micromail View Post

sorry, but I don't have any images of it while it was active. If you're interested in this one I will be selling - it comes with tons of goodies. It's an expensive tank, but with all the goodies/accessories it comes with, it would make the investment well worth it.

I have pictures, but not of it active.

Aww that's such a shame and I wish I could but I like in the UK for a start lol plus I live in an apartment (flat to us Brits) above a bar so don't have anywhere that would support something so big
__________________
Wayne487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:17 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by vance1013 View Post
Just out of curiosity how much are you selling it for
Vance,
I will be asking 10k for it. The accessories and goodies included are a ton... including other tanks with it, UV light, and pumps, etc..etc... It's a massive haul.
__________________
micromail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
jwh0818's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Harlingen, TX
Posts: 5,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by micromail View Post

Vance,
I will be asking 10k for it. The accessories and goodies included are a ton... including other tanks with it, UV light, and pumps, etc..etc... It's a massive haul.
WOW!!!!
__________________
Fluffy's History!
jwh0818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
vance1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Washington USA
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by micromail View Post

Vance,
I will be asking 10k for it. The accessories and goodies included are a ton... including other tanks with it, UV light, and pumps, etc..etc... It's a massive haul.
Very nice if I had the money and the room for it would make an offer lol good luck in selling
__________________
Fish addict Forever! or FaF for short.
vance1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:12 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by vance1013 View Post
Very nice if I had the money and the room for it would make an offer lol good luck in selling
thanks, Vance.
__________________

__________________
micromail is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
large, tan, tank, transport

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.