Beta in Edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is there enough air space at the top for him to breath?

5 Gallons is plenty of room for a Betta so I think he/she would be very happy in there!

Hmm I'm not really a big Betta fan only had 1 a long time ago but I think males are definitely better than females.

ocminpin said:
My Halfmoon is currently my only Betta and is in my icon here... He's my favorite fish...

He is very nice, what tank is he in?

I don't know, I've read a lot of posts about fish with labyrinth organs not surviving long in Fluval,s due to the lack of breathing space. Tank size is okay, it's the design which is the problem top to bottom water with very little air pockets.

As you can see no to very little surface access, not really suitable for Labyrinth fish. You would have to drop the water level by a good bit, then you might get to much surface agitation from the filter which Betta don't like.

Attachments

• image-2842847325.jpg
    image-2842847325.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 111
Borderlesscott said:
I don't know, I've read a lot of posts about fish with labyrinth organs not surviving long in Fluval,s due to the lack of breathing space. Tank size is okay, it's the design which is the problem top to bottom water with very little air pockets.

I don't remember where I read this but I know I did. I read that it all depends on the fish. Some can find the surface in the fluval edge and some just can't. So I would just try it and keep a look out.

Back
Top Bottom