beta tails???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gabetonik

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My beta gluttony has a decent sized tail he is a crowntail beta but I want to know if his tail will grow long and flowing and how fast do they grow and is there a limit on how long they can grow

Not shure about length, but I've notice color changes in his tail and he has grown, and tail has grown porportunate to his size..idk if that help

Hello,

Bettas tails do get pretty long. No telling how long the betta's tail will grow or how fast it will grow, just depends on the tanks conditions, what your feeding him/her, etc.

Sry to jump on to this thread but I'm getting ready to buy a betta for my 40g hex but the ones at pet stores look so small do they get bigger and more colorful when u bring them home and show them luv

From my experience over time if the fish is healthy it's tails will grow and heal and look more vivid. Again just in my experience, i'm no expert haha.

Sry to jump on to this thread but I'm getting ready to buy a betta for my 40g hex but the ones at pet stores look so small do they get bigger and more colorful when u bring them home and show them luv
Good morning,
Bettas usually get around 2-2.5 inches in general. They might look small because your tank is big.

Crypto said:
Good morning,
Bettas usually get around 2-2.5 inches in general. They might look small because your tank is big.

sry they look small at the pet store haven't got him yet

Crypto said:
Hello,

Oops, sorry I though you did. In that case, maybe the ones at the pet store are young possibly.

I hope so he's going to be my center piece

Females are typically smaller as well. I have seen quite a few mislabeled at stores...
Yes, I've seen females that too were mislabeled because of their long tail. I think females with long tails are actually beautiful

Back
Top Bottom