Beta worries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laura1841

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Please can some one help! I am trying to introduce my 2nd female fighter into my community tank who is a little aggressive to my other female! I have put her in a breeding tank and the less aggressive female keeps coming to have a look and the aggressive is flaring big time! My first female the normal submissive has lost all her colour in less then 5 minutes! Should I take her out or just be patient!!! I don't want to lose any of my females they are so full of personality!!!! Why has she lost her colour?! She's normally a pretty pink!

What size tank and how many other bettas do you have? Just one? Betta sororities rarely work and you'd need a large tank with a large number of females (6+) to even attempt it. Two females is likely to result in death of the other. Either return her or set up a separate tank for her.

Crapsta! I did have my aggressive in a seperate tank and wanted to just get down to a bigger one tank! I have a 70 litre tank with my less aggressive female and 5 danios?! I asked on here and was told it should work with a bigger tank!

Two females are going to fight regardless of the tank size. To even try multiple bettas you'd need a larger number of them, at least 4. You could try to add a few more females but I'd be concerned that it wouldn't end well. Maybe someone who has attempted a betta sorority will chime in.

Thanks both! I have returned her to her little tank! All fish calmed!!! Just a quickie though, did my other female loose her colour through stress??? Shes all pink again now! Such a pretty colour!! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom