Betta!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hubert90

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys I not too concerned at this point of time but I brought some new pellets for my betta yesterday; hikari betta bio gold. He loved it when I fed him some yesterday. But this morning, he's not very interested. Most of the time, he just stares at the pellets, only attempted to eat it a few times but he either spits it out after a few seconds or it doesn't fit in his mouth.

Just wondering if this has anything to do with overfeeding and lead to constipation ( I did find a big big dropping this morning) .
I did feed him 3 times yesterday 4 pellets each.

Water parameters are
Ammonia .25
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10
Ph 6.6

You should feed your betta 2 times, in the morning and night. thats what I do.

christian2000 said:
You should feed your betta 2 times, in the morning and night. thats what I do.

Actually, the feeding schedule I go by is feed everyday but one day for fasting. I feel that 2 times is much too large of a feeding. Remember, the size of their stomach is comparable to the size of their eye.

allaboutfish said:
i have the same problem my fish will spit out his flakes

They're just chewing. My bettas spit it out, grab it, and repeat until it's finally small enough to fit in their mouth fully.

Bettababe1011 said:
Actually, the feeding schedule I go by is feed everyday but one day for fasting. I feel that 2 times is much too large of a feeding. Remember, the size of their stomach is comparable to the size of their eye.

So once a day is good enough? With one day fasting

They're just chewing. My bettas spit it out, grab it, and repeat until it's finally small enough to fit in their mouth fully.

ok thank you i though he just hated his food :) i usually only feed one flake is tht good or too little(not trying to take over th thread)?

allaboutfish said:
ok thank you i though he just hated his food :) i usually only feed one flake is tht good or too little(not trying to take over th thread)?

I'd feed what he can eat in a minute or two. I feed a very tiny pinch, but more than one flake. I'd up it. Sorry to hijack the thread, OP, but this could benefit you as well.

Bettababe1011 said:
I'd feed what he can eat in a minute or two. I feed a very tiny pinch, but more than one flake. I'd up it. Sorry to hijack the thread, OP, but this could benefit you as well.

Does that go for hikari pellets as well? Feed him however much he can eat in 1 to 2 mins? And do u soak ur pellets b4 u feed.

Hubert90 said:
Does that go for hikari pellets as well? Feed him however much he can eat in 1 to 2 mins? And do u soak ur pellets b4 u feed.

Yes. Soak them for maybe ten to fifteen minutes. I actually feed about two pellets. How big are the biogold?

Hubert90 said:
Ermm baby pellets. Not sure what is the exact size but I'm guessing about 1mm

Okay. I'd feed maybe one or two of the pellets. And keep an eye on his belly. A good Betta website is: bettatalk.com. Some things I don't agree with on there, but some parts are very good. Look at the feeding section especially.

Back
Top Bottom