Betta and a crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mickmick

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
thinkin about putting a crayfish in with my betta its a 15 gallon tank. what do you guys think good idea or bad idea?

Bad. Its likely the cray will attack the betta at some point, especially since bettas are not very fast swimmers.

As cool as this would be I agree with the above poster. It might be ok with dwarf crayfish. Or if you want something slightly larger and browner than a cloning crayfish.

I thought crayfish were pretty cool when I saw them. Had them in a semi-agg 50g before I converted to cichlids. Bought 3 for like $2. After a few days I started finding dead fish that were chopped in half lol Betta's have longer fins too so I don't think that would be a good idea. They grow pretty fast as well. I ended up throwing that one in the pond behind my neighbors house.
I had 3 in a 10g with snails and shrimp. One killed the other 2 and is growing pretty fast now.

I thought crayfish were pretty cool when I saw them. Had them in a semi-agg 50g before I converted to cichlids. Bought 3 for like $2. After a few days I started finding dead fish that were chopped in half lol Betta's have longer fins too so I don't think that would be a good idea. They grow pretty fast as well. I ended up throwing that one in the pond behind my neighbors house.
I had 3 in a 10g with snails and shrimp. One killed the other 2 and is growing pretty fast now.
No dont release them! They could hurt your local wildlife.........

I know. I was pretty mad at the time and just wanted it gone but felt bad killing it /:
lol I understand that. I have a nerite that has really messed upo my tank and mom says kill it but I dont wanna...

Back
Top Bottom