Betta and Gouramis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mickeybags

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all
I have a 10 gallon tank with 4 dwarf gouramis. My girlfriend has a male betta. When she bought him he was nice deep purple. After a few weeks his real color came out and he is a real ugly pink and white color. She wants to get a new one but I don't want to put him in a small betta bowl. Can he get along with the dwarf gouramis or does she have to deal with the betta until I can get another tank for him?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Those gouramis are going to murder each other soon. Get a 5 g for the Betta and get rid of three gourami.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The color change in the betta could very well be stress.

What is she feeding him and what's the tank situation?

From what I understand bettas and gouramis together are asking for trouble.

I commonly also recommend a 5 gallon for a betta too. But I do keep mine in a 3, because I do frequent large water changes and have gained experience in keeping water parameters happy.

Marineland/tetra has 3 and 5 gallon kits, often on sale at Petsmart for $32-40, that have a gentle filter bettas like. Then decorate heavily, feed a high quality food, and change the water a lot. The color should brighten.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom