Betta&leaffish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Could I keep a Betta and Leaf fish in a 20g?

Any other tank mates if so?
Sand?
Plants?

A leaf fish gets over 6" and is a aggressive as a cichlid. Male or female betta, it would eat it.

Really a larger male? In a 20g? It's an African spotted leaf fish to be more specific.. It's not aggressive at all.. Almost opposite....

Nope, leaf fish will almost certainly eat the betta

Yes. I was looking at a leaf fish as a centerpiece. I actually went to My lfs Nd saw a full grown, and the mouth could easily fit a 3 inch apistogramma in it. And even if it didn't eat the betta, it would bully it. And the older he gets, the bigger, more territorial, and aggressive.

Not sure bought it from petsmart 11/2 months ago and it's like 11/2 to 2 in long

Well maybe by itself, and you could add a school of tiger barbs possibablly. It's up to you, these are just what I'd do

No, tiger barb fish. Not like fish. They are aggressive, so could possibablly live with the leaf fish.

Probably not. I guess let the fish grow up withy he barbs, and see how aggressive he is. Them decide. Just wondering, how much experience in aquariums do you have?

A lot in Fw (did sw for a little and i thought it was more work than i wanted at the time) but I'm 13 only and low on money ...

Oscar is moving from a 20g(he is fine until prob February) to a larger tank(prob 55g) for my Christmas gift! And then the 20g will be open for my leaf fish.

Dad got me the 20g when I was 5 as my Birthday present and for the last 3 years I do research in my free time and do both my tanks no help except buying stuff:)

Back
Top Bottom