betta body/fin shape question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

manda

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have two bettas now who are both viel tails. but there body shape is waay diffrent. i was wondering if my newer one is young so his fins are not all the way developed? let me expalin
his pelvic fins are very long and skinny compared to my other betta;
his dorsal fin is also very narrow;
well, pretty well, instead of wide fins like seen on most bettas he has very long finnage.....

the newest one i got is a good amount smaller than the other one. his body isnt as hefty, and he isnt as long

The little one is probably a lot younger. Veiltails are like the "mutts" of bettas too so they aren't all uniform in shape of colour. I've seen two body types too. My local hardware store has long, straight bodied females while the girls I have are short-bodied. I don't know anything about the body shape difference though.

He might just be scrawny and not as well developed yet, give it some time :) If he's still that way in a couple months then it might just be they're like that

yeah, i figured he was younger.
but after looking online i am starting to think my bigger betta looks more like a delta tail!
well, i really dont care, they are both beauties! just thought that was interesting

DepotFish said:
MY LOCAL HARDWARE STORE has long, straight bodied females while the girls I have are short-bodied. I don't know anything about the body shape difference though.
lol your local hardware store sells bettas? they sound like they have a better selection than the fish store in my town.

Yeah I find that strange too, looking online at a betta breeder in Thailand i think the hardware store fish are a different species of betta.

Hardware store?

"Yeah George, let me have a box of finishing nails, some hacksaw blades, and a couple of them bettas."

Back
Top Bottom