Betta chasing his tail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrp1588

Aquarium Advice Addict
Aparantly my betta fish has discovered his tail...because he is swimming around in circles trying to catch it. He's not sick or anything, bettas are so funny.

That is so cute. I have never had a fish do it, but if it helps my cat has never managed to catch her own tail, and let me tell you she has tried.

My cat just tried to sneak in the house and then go into my room and all of a sudden just stopped in front of the mirror and began hissing and spitting at her reflection 8O

Reminds me of my betta too.... maybe the cats were bettas in another life lol

I never thought about it before, but they do have a lot in common. I am going to have to think about this.

They are loners, they are cute, they are proud of themselves, they don't like company except for the opposite sex and then only if they are in the mood, they like to be in charge.

A definite possibility.

LOL It just came to me as I watched my cat flip out of her own reflection since she didn't know it was her. But ya know...I can put her up to a vanity mirror and she doesn't do a thing! it was just THAT mirror xD

But yeah it does seem bettas and cats have a lot in common 8O

Yeah, I think my betta and possibly my clown loach are my only fish that seem to have some real character and something of a brain. The mollies just swim around mindlessly trying to knock each other up.

Our cat catches it's tail..she smacks on it awile then reilizes its attached and lets it go... maybe that would be the case with the betta? :biglol:

Back
Top Bottom