betta constipation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can feed him shelled, unsalted peas. That helps fish constipation. I do not think that adding salt to the water would help anything, but maybe I am wrong.

Yup, peas. Buy some frozen peas, warm one up in a bit of water in the microwave, squish it right out of it's husk ( a pinch'll pop it out) The smoosh it between your fingers and drop it in the tank. If your guy is like my pair, he'll nibble on it all day. Fast him for a couple days after the pea and all should be well.

I agree that peas and fasting will work like a charm. My previous betta had constipation and swim bladder problems throughout his life. (this was before I knew to feed them a varied diet) When I noticed him having problems, I would give him peas and fast him for a day or two.

He pooped!

I tried an epsom salt bath ( 1 /4 tsp per 1/2 gallon ) for 15 minutes and 30 minutes later HUGE poo! He looked so happy to finally be able to swim properly!:)

Back
Top Bottom