Betta discoloration??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niki68

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok so I got this beautiful mustard gas betta a month ago. At first, he was doing ok. But then I noticed his scales were turning white. I treated him with medications, aquarium salt, and I turned the heater up to 80 deg Fahrenheit. But it just got worse. It spread halfway through his body, and now the white is turning yellow. one picture is a month ago, and the other is today. Plz I have never seen this type of disease in all of my fish keeping.
IMG_4576.jpgIMG_2527.jpg

Ok so I got this beautiful mustard gas betta a month ago. At first, he was doing ok. But then I noticed his scales were turning white. I treated him with medications, aquarium salt, and I turned the heater up to 80 deg Fahrenheit. But it just got worse. It spread halfway through his body, and now the white is turning yellow. one picture is a month ago, and the other is today. Plz I have never seen this type of disease in all of my fish keeping.
View attachment 321334View attachment 321335

Nvm I figured it out

Marble gene causing the fish to turn colors?

No it was stress. He died yesterday actually [emoji15] I had his tank on my dresser, so whenever I opened it the sound and movement did no good to him. I plan on getting a rack so I can put that tank and all my other tanks in there.

I am so sorry to hear that he passed. :( is

Many Bettas do change color just as they grow to adulthood. With all the new breeding and variety of colors, they have more marble genes which get such a wide variety.

As for the fish and stress, making sure the water is in top condition is a priority.

Doing regular water changes is important. Testing the water quality is also critical to keeping the water in the safe zone.

The article linked in my signature gives a bunch of helpful hints for keeping fish happy in their tanks.

Back
Top Bottom