Betta divider questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tyspot1000

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello,

I am wondering if I could use 2 clear plastic dividers in a 10 gallon tank, but Ive heard many reports that with the bettas seeing each-other, flaring, going up and down, stresses them out, am I correct? Has anyone had success with them? Is there any other kind of dark divider that I could use? Any DIY?

Thanks

Hey tyspot,

I knew some people that have divided ten gallons into three separate columns. As long as each column has enough cover and entertainment, they should keep to themselves mostly. Occasional flaring isn't horrible because it's a natural part of their life. It's just constant flaring is a problem.

Also you can use darker dividers if you want, but I don't think it will be a huge issue.

Hope that helps.

Hey Tyler,
I have seen many people divide 10 gallons for two Bettas... and yeah just make sure that if the dividers are clear to place plants and decor to hide them from each other. It will get really stressful after a while if they are constantly flaring and able to see each other. Dark dividers would be a great idea, but I'm not sure yet where you can get them. Also, needless to say, be sure that they are really sturdy and won't be falling down anytime soon. That would be a disaster. I was going to buy this one from Petsmart... Top Fin&#0174 Tank Dividers - Fish Care - Fish - PetSmartand they are apparently so flimsy the employee actually told me they use them all the time and not to buy it because they fall a lot.

So, to sum it up, dark dividers would be a great choice, but if you can't find them than you will need to block the Bettas view with some tall plants. Siliconing in some glass plates would be really sturdy, but that's only if you can't find anything else that you are confident won't fall on you. Good luck, hope this helps! :)

Hello,

I am wondering if I could use 2 clear plastic dividers in a 10 gallon tank, but Ive heard many reports that with the bettas seeing each-other, flaring, going up and down, stresses them out, am I correct? Has anyone had success with them? Is there any other kind of dark divider that I could use? Any DIY?

Thanks

Did you follow through with this idea Ty? My son wants to make his 10 gal into a betta tank and I've been trying to find solutions to the divider issue. Thinking of trying this DIY plan I found:

img_1272216_0_834c9a67c5f6c1f108428f21b42b475e.jpg

img_1272216_1_381f4ca545f9c61e688cddecfc56c9c7.jpg

img_1272216_2_30cd0bf9a4c5d8be9f69623ed6d45e19.jpg

img_1272216_3_24bfc2fb490c5c9bfda0850e4565c60b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom