Betta eating pleco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettalover06

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I had a small pleco in my 5g tank with my betta ( I was planning on moving him to my large tank when he got bigger) and he disappeared about 4 months ago! My betta, tofu, just recently died (first time I cried over a fish) and I'm afraid to clean out the tank because I think I might find his body in there! Or worse him alive! Is it possible my betta ate my pleco??? Or could he be buried in the rocks? I've looked around in my plants, shells, and behind rocks but I can't seem to find him. Any advice or theories would be helpful! Thanks!

He could have gotten sucked into the filter intake. Or you could have sucked him out while doing a water change, without realizing it. I don't think your betta ate it.

I don't think you'll find his body over 4 month. You never if he's alive or not he hiding maybe. My always hide under his castle and he's living with 4 angle fish. He never come out until its dark. If he's not alive his body might be gone since it dissinagrate something like that

He could have gotten sucked into the filter intake. Or you could have sucked him out while doing a water change, without realizing it. I don't think your betta ate it.

Thanks I didn't think he ate him but I wasn't sure. I guess I'll find out once I clean the tank. I'll try to clean it this weekend.

Could he have jumped out? The beta could have killed him and his body just wasted away. Sorry about your betta though, I just had to put one of my fish down a little while ago.

Could he have jumped out? The beta could have killed him and his body just wasted away. Sorry about your betta though, I just had to put one of my fish down a little while ago.

Thanks and sorry about your fish too. He couldn't have jumped out because I keep the lid on all the time unless I'm feeding them, or cleaning out the tank. My best bet is that he's probably buried under the rocks or in the filter.

Sorry to hear about your betta, by the way. :(

Thanks :) I had a funeral for him in my backyard haha. I think I might get a dwarf puffer soon... I've wanted one for a while and I think they are really interesting.

Just shift the rocks around with a stick or something that can stir up the gravel. Or check your filter if he would be small enough to get sucked in.

Back
Top Bottom