Betta fin type?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattfinn

Aquarium Advice Addict
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430614593.843991.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430614629.565291.jpg
Just trying to figure out the fin type of my betta. There's a slight crowning on his fins but I'm wondering if he is a veil tail or not. What would you say.

Also color type he is pretty mostly bi-color with the flickers of blue in his fins that you don't always see. I know he does have the deformity in his bottom fins at the front with them being hooked and the black flecks as well.

I know he's not anything quality I'm just wondering that's all.

Im gonna say a veil.. but with pet store bettas they could just be a mix of tail types

I believe that's a butterfly long finned crowntail :D he is beautiful!!

20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta

Yeah I know what you mean about him just being a mix of everything. He does have a slight crowning it's just had to see with the translucent fins.

I'll try and see if I can get a better photo of him. He doesn't flare at all on me so it's a bit hard to get a good pic.

That looks like a veil tail to me, but I'm not completely sure. He is a beautiful betta either way!

He is very unique! I love it!

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430632510.505375.jpg
Here's a better photo, you can see the slight crowning on the bottom fin and I've also noticed today that there is a slight double in the caudal. So I think we can say this guy is a mut

Special mutt? :)

The mixed traits just means he has a more varied blood line so is overall healthier :D

Haha if you say so.

I've seen some nice double tail and crowntail females at one of the stores near me. I could always give it a go breeding. I know I'd need another two tanks at least for that and in trying to figure out what to do with my killi fry when the eggs hatch ahaha.

You could potentially breed, just be fair warned that if you breed pet store quality bettas, you'll get pet store quality bettas. If you want to sell them, they won't sell for much.

20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta

You could potentially breed, just be fair warned that if you breed pet store quality bettas, you'll get pet store quality bettas. If you want to sell them, they won't sell for much.

20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta

Yes I understand that. At the moment I'm really just getting into this hobby of breeding fish. My neighbor is in the killi club in Sydney so at the moment I was planning on either giving them all to him to see what he can trade them for. He helps me out with all my cultures and is a wealth of knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom