Betta fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flip0204

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey I have two beautiful Betta Fish (Male and Female) and am Curious n breeding them. As of right now I have a breeding tank set up and the male has begun to build a big bubblenest and long with that the female who is divided in the tank has began to show line on her sides as well as a white dot between her fins. I have baby fry food on the way. Im curious how long I should wait until releasing her into the tank. What I should look for and any other advice. He seems pretty aggressive and she seems quite scared to be honest. Anything I can do to make it more comfortable? There are plants in the aquarium already and the aquarium has been set up with him living in it for over a month and a half. Any advice would help.

If you feel that your female is in good condition, you could put it in with the male.....You would need to watch closely to see if they accept each other.....Be ready to remove the female if things go bad......Have you researched any data on the breeding of Bettas?.......

Make sure you have live food for the babies. Some people end up with a batch of fry and nothing to feed them. You will also need an out grow tank for the fry with a heater. I have done a lot of research because I thought it might be a good idea but quickly changed my mind. Make sure both your male and female is in top condition.
Here is a couple sites breeding bettas
.....: Cracker Bettas :....
Cracker has some prize winning bettas he is well known and he makes it seem so easy. He has access to everything he needs including IAL

yeah ive done research and the food i have coming in is microworms. i think im going to hold off until he builds the nest a little bigger and she gets a little fatter both of them have swam together in a community tank. I let him swim in it every once in a while and then scoop him up and put him back in his tank. He grown a custom to it and lets me do it and doesnt swim away however things could be a little different in a smaller tank so we will see

Back
Top Bottom