betta fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angelfish 20

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ok so i went to the fish store and i see a bunch of betta fish in a small cup i feel so bad for them i just want to buy them all so now i am wondering if i can buy like 3 female betta with some angel fish?

I am not sure how the bettas would do with an angelfish as I have no experience with either. I do know that people get betta sororities, if you search this site or google it you can find more info. It all depends on each fish and their tempermants of whether they will get along or not. I read a thread on here before about someone keeping 3 female bettas in a 10. They did fine for a while but then they had to be seperated for some reason.

I also know that they will establish a pecking order. Some people have had success, some haven't.

Well, you could put some female bettas and some corys in the 20G. I think that would be a neat tank! Granted that the bettas don't pester the corys too much that is. :)

IME, female bettas usually will not get along long-term. I kept several in a 45 gallon heavily planted tank and had to separate them due to aggression after a while. Often times, they will appear to be doing fine and then you'll run into major issues. Again, this is just my experience. :)

I've had the exact opposite experience of Severum Mama. As long as there are more or less than two females, they've gotten along nicely in my tanks. I've got four bettas, three females and a male, in my 29g community.

Back
Top Bottom