Betta fish help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

0xxKyleexx0

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406252555.052366.jpg this is my tank. My halfmoon betta fish (left) keeps nipping my other betta's fins (right), since he keeps sticking them through the fence. I believe i can fix this problem within a few days by adding another divider, but I was wondering if they will be okay till then? I don't want my fish to get hurt and I am worried. It has happened twice tonight and this is the first time I have seen it.

Hmm... The easiest thing for you to do is just switch the sides they are on so that the one with a tendency for his fin to fold one way (or because of current) is switched that way the fish that is getting nipped doesn't have its fins get stuck.

Another thing you could do is buy another small tank and just put him in there with some of the filter media from the tank you have now to seed it. :)

Thank you. I may or may not buy another tank soon, just so they can have some extra room and be safer. :)

Good idea with switching them though. My betta does have the tendency to curve her tail left, right into the fence. They both love their sides so I might feel a little guilty doing it, but I'd rather have my little guy be safe.

Haha it's no problem! Just a cool thing you may want to think about in the future, do some research and ask some members here about it (feel free to pm me later when you seriously consider the idea). If you have a 10+ gallon tank, and set it up well you can make a betta sorority (females only) and it is quite enjoyable! Takes some effort but worthwhile when done correctly. :)

Alright:) sounds good! I'd love to do that but I just upgraded to a 10 gal and put goldfish in there. Ill most likely get another tank and just separate the two that I have. I feel like switching them well stress them too much, since they do love their sides. Thank you for the suggestions:)

Back
Top Bottom