Betta fish problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AmeliaJennie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok so I have my betta with two corydoras, and i have to separate them when I feed the corys because my betta always tries to eat their food. I tried distracting him but I can only do that for so long before he decides to search for food. I have noticed that he manages to find the food and gets extremely bloated after eating some. It makes me nervous that he is going to get blocked up but taking him out of the tank every day just seems too stressful. How can I try to solve this problem???

You'll need a pencil, some copper wire and a 9 volt battery. Wrap the wire around the pencil a few times with a small bare section pointing off the end, when it's feeding time hook it up to the battery and use your home made Betta prod to train your fish to leave the corys food alone!! Or net him in the tank while they eat..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Is it too stressful for my fish to put him in a separate bowl for feeding time every day? Or would he get used to the routine?

You'd be better to get a breeder net and fashion a coral of sorts rather than physically remove him as that will surely stress him

you could get wafers that sink to the bottom , something that these fish could not swallow whole , i find the battery idea to be a bit harsh for the betta

I was kidding of course..

Why not feed them both at same time??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom