Betta, guppy, and guppy fry issues.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bettalover123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
:banghead:So my female guppy has gotten pregnant and I now have 19 guppy fry that are living with my betta and an adult guppy in a 20 gallon tank. Later I'm planning on moving them to a 40 gallon tank. Would it be ok if my betta were to live with 20 other guppies? I'm planning to separate the 40 gallon tank to different sections to prevent more breeding. I know that you shouldn't keep too many male guppies together or else they'll start fighting. Does anyone have any advice?

I think the betta will be fine with the guppies. As far as the male guppies, you can have a handful of them in the tank. I believe the tuxedo guppies are the fighters.

Just curious, how is your female doing? My guppy breeding has scared me for life! I started it this past fall when I got my aquarium and the females all died a slow and painful death. They were constantly harassed, and I had more females than males. They started turning pale, then developed a lump in their bum and by then end of the week they were dead. I had to kill off the last one because I couldn't bare it. Now I have a tank of mollys and I enjoy it. They fight a lot but they endure. Plus I have 3 guppies from my fry. I never saw more than 7, but than again, I didn't have the ability to separate them.

I think the betta will be fine with the guppies. As far as the male guppies, you can have a handful of them in the tank. I believe the tuxedo guppies are the fighters.

Just curious, how is your female doing? My guppy breeding has scared me for life! I started it this past fall when I got my aquarium and the females all died a slow and painful death. They were constantly harassed, and I had more females than males. They started turning pale, then developed a lump in their bum and by then end of the week they were dead. I had to kill off the last one because I couldn't bare it. Now I have a tank of mollys and I enjoy it. They fight a lot but they endure. Plus I have 3 guppies from my fry. I never saw more than 7, but than again, I didn't have the ability to separate them.
Thanks for the reply. Um the female guppy is doing pretty fine she swims and act fairly normal throughout the tank. She usually only gives birth to 7-10 fry. My guppy just got pregnant at the pet store but I didn't know about it at all until I found a bunch of fry.

Back
Top Bottom