Betta help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Origamgam

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All, I recently got my first Betta and I need some help. He is in a 1 gallon hexagon tank with a filter and a LED bubbler. My problem is that the water is really cloudy and I don't know why

image-1839589826.jpg

Sorry I couldn't get a good pic
(It's from an iPhone) but he seems to enjoy his tank, I'm just worried about the cloudy water.
I appreciate all the help anyone gives me. Thanks

Cloudy water typically happens with a new tank set up, it will usually clear up with some water changes & time. I would strongly suggest at least a 5g tank for your Betta. I know many people, including pet stores, sell them as fish who will do great in a small container, but that just isn't true. A 1g tank with a filter is going to be hard to keep the water parameters where they should be & that small of a volume of water with a filter tends to be too much for a Betta. If you really want your Betta to thrive a minimum of a 5g is needed, personally I'd go with a 10g. I used to have my Bettas in 1g tanks but now everyone is in a minimum of a 10g & the difference in their behavoir is amazing. Please consider it.

Thanks for the help guys the cloudiness is clearing up. After a few PWC I should be good, thanks.

I would keep an eye on your parameters too. Watch for high AM build ups. If the tanks only been up for a few days even a week with nothing to jump start seeding your bb then its deff going to cycle. I also strongly suggest upgrading to a ten gallon. It really does make all the diffrence. And your new buddy will be glad you did. =)

Back
Top Bottom