Betta Home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

demurefemme

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok, I'm hoping y'all can give me some good ideas here. I had a betta in a 3 gal bowfront that was the happiest guy ever. My new betta, however, doesn't seem quite as happy in his 3-gal. I have turned the filter off, running it only for a little while every day or so to give the water some cleaning and give Azzuro some exercize. He's got two java ferns in there, temp is 76. Anyways, he still hasn't seemed to settle in to his home...no bubble nests yet :( I really want him to be happy. Any recommendations?
Thanks, everyone!

how long has the betta been in the tank? all fish seem to be quiet for the first week or so in their new surrondings.... how long has the tank been set up? did you do a fishless cycle in it? what are your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels? if the tank hasnt been set up long he might have new tank syndrome, something that fish get while in the shock of constant water chemistry changes during the cycling process.

but if you did cycle the tank, then like i said before he might just be getting used to his surrondings... bettas have different personalities just like people :D

My bettas are more active with a constant temp of 75 degrees F. I've found when I increase the heat, they get more sluggish.

most bettas like a higher temp, 78-80 is what I always see recommended, and I keep my 5.5 betta tank at 79 and Mr. Betta is as active as I'd want him to be.

Back
Top Bottom