Betta in his new 1 gallon home (pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

As some of you may know i added my betta fish to my community aquarium. Well he wasn't getting hurt exactly, but i could tell he didn't like the current.. he would find a corner where the current was lessend and then try to build a bubble nest, but it would get pushed away, and when he tried to swim he kinda seemed to have trouble.

Well i still have my female in there, she seems to like it, she usually stays up in the corners but sometimes i will find her lounging in the plants. And her color is always nice and bright, ive even seen the verticle Happy stripes on here.. more and more. ANd i haven't seen the horizontal stripes since i first put her in.

Anyway, in my 1 gallon, its very simple. there is just some gravel, some java fern, java moss, and i added 3 MTS to clean up uneaten food. No heater, no filter, just a light, so im thinking i will change 50% of the water every other day. Let me know if you think i should change more water or more often. (the gravel is from my aquarium, so its seeded)

Here are some pictures
img_474892_0_29b533b24e9281e471ba9a3cc1a35247.jpg

img_474892_1_618ca9cc3b5597cb2e498883676297a8.jpg

yeah, it was only $10.. id like to have a 5 gallon for the betta but the one i had had nothing with it and was all scratched up.. also the 5 gallon kits were $30!!!! (a 10 gallon cost the same.. go figure) anyway it came with an UGF and an air pump, but i don't like UGF's so if i ever get a filter it will probably be a small internal sponge filter or something. Plus it looks like he has plenty of room, don't you think?

Very nice betta setup. Did ya get it from walmart? I recognize the tank, and the prices. :)

They are so much because they are acrylic, and have flourescent lighting. You may be able to find a cheaper 5 gallon setup at a regular pet store, or something similar. If ya want to of course.

Mr. Betta seems happy where he is of course.

awesome ashley, i did the same for one of my bettas, just took the UGF out and liked the light, i just wish they sold them with ONLY the light and no UGF

very nice! :D

I used to have a red betta boy in that same one gallon hex for biology a long while ago (before my first community tank). The trouble was when I brought him home near the end of the year over time the temperature fluctutions from day to night killed him. Just a heads up.

Looks great though! :D I'm sure he's much happier without such a strong current blowin on him and his bubble nests.

thanks everyone, he's very happy, i think im gonna get another for my female and put htem side by side.

There's a really nice HOB filter that'd work on that tank. I think it's called the Azoo Palm Filter. Drsfostersmith.com carries it.

A HOB would not work with this tank because the lid doesn't have any area to cut away at all.

That's the same tank I got. I got the Teal lid one though. I won't even think of using the divider that came with it. I added light green rocks to it, and a silk plant.

I don't know if I would have bought it if I had noticed the glitters in the lid though.

Malkore, i saw a picture of that but i don't want any surface agitation becuase i like the bubble nests!!!

Oh wait, yours has a light? How did you find one with a light?

It's the same shape though.

i bought the walmart kit that comes with light, UGF (wich i didn't use) air pump, and a little plastic plant (wich i also didn't use.)

Back
Top Bottom