Betta info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishie

Aquarium Advice Addict
I want a betta but I don't have any room :( I don't have too much money to buy a whole new setup for the betta so could I put it in one of my tanks now? I know bettas are aggresive fish and don't know too much. See my profile to see my tanks but I got a community tank maybe one in there? Also I might tank couple platys out so it won't be as crowded. What is it compatible with?

You could try him in the community tank with the platys, just have a backup plan if you end up with a more aggressive betta. They really are individuals, some do very well in community tanks and others can be terrors. You may want to look into a floating breeder box with good flow through in case you need to segregate him until you can get him a better home if he doesn't work out. It isn't a long term ideal, but better than a bowl. I have mine in a breeder box for now until I can build him a large enclosure within the tank. I have a female betta in that tank so there's no letting him loose!

Alyxx said:
You could try him in the community tank with the platys, just have a backup plan if you end up with a more aggressive betta. They really are individuals, some do very well in community tanks and others can be terrors. You may want to look into a floating breeder box with good flow through in case you need to segregate him until you can get him a better home if he doesn't work out. It isn't a long term ideal, but better than a bowl. I have mine in a breeder box for now until I can build him a large enclosure within the tank. I have a female betta in that tank so there's no letting him loose!

Great thanks! Might get one today! ^-^

Back
Top Bottom