Betta Info.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steven A

Aquarium Advice Addict
I love the betta's both male and female. Can they be kept together if you provide cover for the female. Also can these be in water without a heater ?

IN THE UK btw lol :lol: We get diferent temps to use americans :D. LOL

as long as the room is at 25C your betta should be fine w/o a heater, just make sure the room stays at that because any fluctuations could stress out the betta, it depends on the personalities of your bettas, and the size of your tank...if there is lots of cover for the female you could try it

basically though the male and female will fight till one dies, breeders only put them together to spawn and then seperate them because one will kill the other

if you try, make sure you have a few hours to pay attention to them to make sure they really ignore eachother

IMO, i would not try it and they are better off by themselves

whatever you try, good luck!! :D

I always recommend a heater with bettas. You should keep the heater set at 26 or 27 degrees C. Even if the room temperature drops only a degree or two at night, and causes the water temperature to drop, the betta will probably get stressed. If this happens every night over a period of time, the potential for stress/disease is greater.

I wouldn't try a male and female betta together as tankmates. Either betta, male or female, will attack the other. Providing cover for the female may not work because she may be just as aggressive as he is. Usually for spawning, the two are introduced through a divider, and only kept together for a short time to spawn, and then separated, as mr86mister says. So I wouldn't try to see if they can live together as tankmates.

Back
Top Bottom