Betta laying at bottom of tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

benjaminite22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My betta has started to just lay at the bottom of the tank all day, however he will still eat food normally. He lives In a 1 gallon acrylic tank, and the water is kept At 80 degrees. What's going on?

Have you checked ph/ammonia/nitrite? How long has he been in there.

1 gallon is actually too small for a betta- did you cycle the tank before you added him? If not my guess would be ammonia or nitrite poisoning (guess with no real info)

What is your normal water change schedule?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

More info needed. When was your last partial water change, and how often do you them? What are your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels? Do you have a filter on the tank? How long has the tank been set up?

Have you checked ph/ammonia/nitrite? How long has he been in there.

1 gallon is actually too small for a betta- did you cycle the tank before you added him? If not my guess would be ammonia or nitrite poisoning (guess with no real info)

What is your normal water change schedule?

I forgot to mention that this is my FRIEND'S betta, so I don't exactly know his water changing schedule (I can imagine 50 percent per week, so I can imagine the ammonia and nitrates being high,) but I know that he's been living there for about 3 weeks. I will tell him he needs to put him in a bigger tank at once.

It actually could be the ammonia if he has only been there for 3 weeks. Sometimes it takes 4 or more weeks to cycle.

Back
Top Bottom