Betta log/ leaf hammock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kat767

Aquarium Advice Regular
Are the betta log and hammocks worth it do they last. And are they safe for the fish?

Our bettas love their leaf hammocks, put it just below the surface and the fish will rest on it quite a bit

That's good to know. I was thinking about getting mine one but did not know if he would use it or if it was another gimmick

Pick loves his log. He chooses plants over the leaf hammock but I got both.

Attachments

• image-379849943.jpg
    image-379849943.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 182
Mine loves his hammock! Lights out he's straight on it lol. I,ve looked at the logs but not sure he,ll use it?

One concern I had for the log was that in some reviews people said that it leached chemicals that killed the fish and that the paint peeled.

Ack! Hmmm I hope not :(. I've had this fishy for a year and the log for about 8 mos. Think we are safe?

jlbfish said:
Ack! Hmmm I hope not :(. I've had this fishy for a year and the log for about 8 mos. Think we are safe?

I would think so most people had the issues within weeks of getting the log. I was thinking about getting a piece of drift wood and boarding a hole in it and attaching it with fishing line to the top of the tank.

I thought the leaf hammock was a gimmick, but decided to try it anyways; if he didn't use it, it's just a pretty decoration. Minutes after putting it in, good old Cicero was cuddled up on it! Now he never sleeps anywhere else. Another trick is to feed them right over top of the leaf, so they're attracted to it

I think I'll try the leaf. He likes to lay in one of the bend in my air hose thats near the top of the tank. The first time he did this I thought he was caught or dead nope just resting.

Got the hammock yesterday and put it in the tank today. He flared at it them rested on it for a while

I heard stories that the leaves are reinforced my metal that isn't completely covered, so there's a lot of rust buildup that kills the fish. I heard this happened to a lot of people, and to people with more than one it happened to all of them. Just a thought.

My betta loved his leaf hammock in his old tank. When I upgraded him to a 10 gal and moved the hammocks over (he had two) he hardly ever used them. He has live plants in there now so he prefers resting on the plant leaves. I tried the log but he avoided it and I hated the way it looked so I took it out.

Our leaf hammocks don't have any exposed metal, they seem pretty safe. Maybe its a different make.

I checked mine all over nothing looked exposed but just to be safe I cover the "stem" with tank silicone

Back
Top Bottom