Betta not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

millerb7

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I got 2 betas the other day. One is eating like a champ, happy as can be... he is actually still in his cup which I change often... he's awaiting the 29 GALLON community tank (which will be ready in a day or so).

The 2nd beta is in his own personal 5 gallon tank with 3 ghost shrimp. He swims around, seems fine... but every time I feed him any pellets he just sucks them in then immediately spits them back out. Is this expected since he's in a new home... probably stressed? He's only been in the new tank for about 24 hours.

I've tried some flakes too, no go. So far the 3 shrimp have just been cleaning things up for me.

I was thinking of maybe getting some blood worms and trying that to see if I can intise his appetite.

it takes them a few days to get adjusted usually, give him time

Okay. I suppose the other is still doing great because he's still in his cup he's used to... again for a few more days until the 29 gallon is ready.

I'll keep an eye on the one in the 5 gallon and keep trying.

yeah, if he starves himself to death then something is definitely up, but generally, if they are hungry enough, they will eat. My betta didn't eat for the first 4 days :/

Back
Top Bottom