Betta problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

love2bmomma

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I noticed last night that my betta was having a hard time keeping his "balance". He was staying right at the surface of the water and sometimes would fall over on his side and stay that way for a few seconds. He also seemed to have a really hard time swimming down in his tank. Like he was fighting really hard to go downward and as soon as he'd stop swimming he'd just float back up to the surface. He seems a little better today. He's not falling over on his side but he's still at the surface and not swimming around too much. I also noticed that his belly looks a little bloated, not severely, it just looks like he ate too much. Has anyone else ever had this problem? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Probably constipation. Do you have any peas in your fridge/freezer? Boil them up, let them cool, then take the skin off, mush up a little, and put it in his tank. After you do this fast him for 24 to 48 hours. This should do the trick.

Thanks so much for the quick and helpful advice. I will definitely give it a try. He seems fine today, but he had another episode last night around bed time. Thanks again!! :D

Sounds like SBD (swim bladder disorder). If its still happening then skip a few feedings and lower the water level (or make it so he can rest near the surface)

ashley

Back
Top Bottom