Betta questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishRus

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I just picked up a halfmoon betta I think and 4 snails. I forgot what kind of snails they are so if anyone knows that would e great to know ha. But my question with my betta is are there any certain precautions I should do. I've never owned one before and didn't do any research on them which I know I should have. Will flake food work and do they like anything else? Anything knowledge on them would be great

Thank you

Attachments

• image-8047197.jpg
    image-8047197.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 62
  • image-2893583635.jpg
    image-2893583635.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 58
  • image-1176325141.jpg
    image-1176325141.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 56
Looks like golden apple or mystery snails. They can feed on any sinking wafers. There are really no dangers

Bettas probably won't eat flakes. Pellets or bloodworms are a better option. Bioload isn't going to be too bad

My two bettas eat flake, but who can't resist the New Life Spectrum with garlic ? I also feed them dried bloodworms once a week.

I've never bought or fed my fish bloodworms. Do you just throw them in and the betta eats them?

Is that a danio? Be careful about him picking on the betta.

Yeah that's a danio. They seem to get along ok. They just leave each other alone but ill keep my eye on them still

I feed my bettas omega one flakes and pellets, frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp, and they steal the shrimp pellets that I sometimes give my bn plecos. I thaw a cube of bloodworms and divide it between all my tanks making sure each betta gets a worm or two. Remember that a betta's stomach is only the size of it's eye. They are good at begging but be careful not to overfeed. Freeze dried should be ok, but I prefer to feed the frozen ones.

I won't do flakes because they can make bettas get bloat... and bloodworms are just suppose to be an occassional treat!! I recommend a good brand of pellets like new life spectrum!! If you want to spoil you boy then you can get him some frozen brine shrimp, my bettas go crazy for them! the brine shrimp, are still just a treat tho...

I feed my bettas omega one flakes and pellets, frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp, and they steal the shrimp pellets that I sometimes give my bn plecos. I thaw a cube of bloodworms and divide it between all my tanks making sure each betta gets a worm or two. Remember that a betta's stomach is only the size of it's eye. They are good at begging but be careful not to overfeed. Freeze dried should be ok, but I prefer to feed the frozen ones.

Ok thanks!

I won't do flakes because they can make bettas get bloat... and bloodworms are just suppose to be an occassional treat!! I recommend a good brand of pellets like new life spectrum!! If you want to spoil you boy then you can get him some frozen brine shrimp, my bettas go crazy for them! the brine shrimp, are still just a treat tho...

How often do you treat your betta? Once a week? With the frozen brine shrimp how do they come? In a block? Separate?

How often do you treat your betta? Once a week? With the frozen brine shrimp how do they come? In a block? Separate?

I give my bettas brine shrimp after their water changes which are once a week, and they get bloodworms every 3-4 days.... my brine shrimp come in a small package so you cut got off how ever much you need... My friend uses the little cubes for her cichlids and she likes them but since you just have 1 betta you won't need all the shrimp that are in the cube!!

The brine shrimp and bloodworms usually come frozen in cubes, but you can sometimes find them in flat blocks. Defrost the cube in some tank water then feed your fish. Leftovers are ok in the fridge in some water for a couple days but do not refreeze. I would feed the frozen foods once or twice a week as a treat. I usually feed frozen two days a week, unless I am conditioning fish for spawning, when I use them daily. You can also get liquid vitamin supplements (I use vitachem) that you can soak the food in while it defrosts. I use some every time I feed frozen foods. It would be good for soaking freeze dried foods as well. Oh, and I forgot one other food that I feed my bettas - hikari betta bio gold pellets. They love them!

I give my bettas brine shrimp after their water changes which are once a week, and they get bloodworms every 3-4 days.... my brine shrimp come in a small package so you cut got off how ever much you need... My friend uses the little cubes for her cichlids and she likes them but since you just have 1 betta you won't need all the shrimp that are in the cube!!

Yeah, those cubes are huge for feeding just one fish! I have like 12 bettas not counting the fry, so I can thaw a cube each of bloodworms and brine and use it all. My puffers and crays get what is left once the betta tanks are fed.

Back
Top Bottom