Betta Sorority.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow. Those are very pretty fish<3

From what I've gathered, every group can vary from each other. I'm hoping mine stays relatively peaceful. I'm going to get more plants today to help out the aggression. The top and one of the second ones are nipping each others fins...

On the names, I always name my fish. I try for something interesting that matches their personality. I even name my friend's fish. She has a superstition that if you name them, then they will die. Oh well, none of them have died yet.

I have a name issue. Seriously. My last two children didn't have names yet when they were born. I don't know what my deal is..I have the hardest time naming anyone :)

You said you wanted to try breeding them. I forgot to add *males cannot reproduce after 1 year of age. That is when they begin to get their fins more flashier. That is why betta breeders go for the less colorful bettas and or smaller bettas because it usually means they are younger. I bred bettas a little while ago.

-Dylan

Funny, I had a mustard gas stud who spawned until he died at the ripe old age of 9.

Yeah, he lived a good, long life.

Back then I kept everyone in their own planted 5g, grow out tanks were 55g and used 5 20 longs as breeding tanks. At one point I had 15 males and females just for breeding.

Water changes every other day, blood worms soaked in multi-vitamins daily when getting them ready to spawn. Regular flake food during the "off" times.

People say that bettas won't eat flakes, but I tried mine on pellets and he didn't eat that much. Sometimes he wouldn't eat for days. I put flakes in once, and he starts eating right away. Flakes for my Allie!

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

People say that bettas won't eat flakes, but I tried mine on pellets and he didn't eat that much. Sometimes he wouldn't eat for days. I put flakes in once, and he starts eating right away. Flakes for my Allie!

They will, but it can cause bloating, or so I've heard. I feed my females flakes three times a week.
Anyway, they will do that. They are oppurtunitistic feeder naturally, so you really aren't supposed to feed them everyday. One of mine (Marlboro) was doing that and my boyfriend told me to skip a day every few days. No problem now.

No, I'm saying that he wouldn't eat the pellets, only the flakes. I feed him a few flakes once a day, and he's never had any problems with bloating.

Yea, I've never experienced bloating with mine from flakes. And I can see that. My pearl fighter refuses a lot of food still. He was badly starved when I purchased/rescued him though.

I'm thirteen and I know which names I'm choosing for my kids.

Well I knew too when I was 13 but things changed between then and when I actualy had the children :p The names I did still like my husband vetoed :(

Even hikari pellets?

Back
Top Bottom