Betta Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Akeffala

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a betta, Thellios, I got him in a plant vase thingy and today I'm planning to Upgrade to a cage. He's new so I just wanted to hear about other bettas.

If you want to keep him alone, a 2.5-5 gallon tank will suffice. If you want to keep him with other fish (which does not always end happily ever after) I would suggest a 10 gallon tank. Get a proper filter for the tank, weekly maintenance, and keep an eye on water quality.

However before you plop him in this tank, I ask you to read about:
1.The (almost) Complete Guide and FAQ to Fishless Cycling
2.I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?!
3.http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/fish-in-cycling-step-over-into-the-dark-side-176446.html

I have a betta, Thellios, I got him in a plant vase thingy and today I'm planning to Upgrade to a cage. He's new so I just wanted to hear about other bettas.

watch out with those cages all the gaps make it hard to fill :p

a nice 5 gal filtered heated tank would make a happy fish, adding some live plants would be a nice touch and give fishy a place to escape too when stressed/scared.

do you have any Qs?

Thellios is very shy...how do I get him to come close to me? he likes nightlights too!

stay very calm and very still around the tank. he'll warm up to you eventually... especially once he figures out you have the food ;)

I just gaze at the betta tank for long periods of time and make sure my face is up against the glass while feeding lol.

Mickey's face=food

mine has an obsession for music, The song, "sexy and i know it" he starts to swim in circles and come towards me haha

Akeffala said:
mine has an obsession for music, The song, "sexy and i know it" he starts to swim in circles and come towards me haha

So funny!! That is a VERY Betta song! I'm going to have to try that on mine.

Lol. I'm civilized when I talk to my betta.

"Oggie, you are physically attractive and I am aware of this."

Lol.

Back
Top Bottom