Betta tank advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ricco34

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just set up a 2.5 gallon tank in my bathroom for my veiltail betta. It didn't come with a hood or a light so I made a hood and got a light from and old 5 gallon hexagon tank that I had. Will the light being on the cardboard cover be a fire hazard? Here are pics ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401912037.545423.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401912046.589332.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401912059.840015.jpg

I'd be less worried about fire hazard and more worried about the cardboard rotting. There's a lot of humidity under the hood of a tank; anything that's not waterproof will tend to warp and rot over time. There's lots of glass lids available for that size tank that you could use instead, or a DIY screen top.

It's only temporary, I have a screen but I haven't had the time to cut it yet

What Luanaeko said. I would go for the glass lid personally, but leave some air space in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can also find rigid plastic mesh in the rug-hooking section of a craft store - easy to cut. I'd try some other method....cardboard + water + electricity seems a bad idea to me. You could try wrapping the cardboard with some packing tape or something similar to seal it a bit, since it only a temporary thing. Cute tank though!

Back
Top Bottom