Betta tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fdsh5

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Was given a Betta fish. I currently have him in a 2 1/2 gallon tank. I want to put him in one of my bigger tanks. Does anybody have any idea how he would do in a tank with endlers, corydoras sterbai, and cherry shrimp. Not really too concerned about the shrimp. They are breeding like cockroaches.

He might be aggressive with the Endler's, but its not a guarantee. Some bettas are more relaxed than others. If you want to try it, just keep an eye on him for aggression. :)

I have had both male and female bettas in with endler's and no one bothered anyone. That is just my experience. You have the 2.5g as back up if you have to get him out of there quick.

Thanks for the replies. We are going to try him with our platties first.

Attachments

• image-2792620861.jpg
    image-2792620861.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 91
I have mine with an Oto Catfish working out well no issues.

If nothing else, pick up a tank divider for an instant backup plan so you can keep him in the bigger tank with better heat, filtration, and water quality than he would get in the 2.5. It may also be a good idea to slide in the divider at night or when you leave until you can be sure he is ok with the other fish.

Well late last night we put him into our platy tank. This morning he seems fine and just hangs out on his side of the tank. He definitely doesn't like the filter side. He didn't even bother with some babies that came swimming right up to him. All should be okay. Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• image-3881809971.jpg
    image-3881809971.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 69
Final update. He is happy as a pig in mud. He really has a liking for flake food. I think he believes he is a platy. The babies swim right along with him and he just swims along paying no mind. What a relief.

cute :) my betta acts like his neon tank mates and schools with them sometimes!
I'm happy everything is working out in your tank :)

Back
Top Bottom