betta with 1 parrot and 2 comets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can do anything you want. The fact that you have a parrot with two comets shows that you like to deviate from the acceptable. However I wouldn't and here's why...

Two bettas generally can not live together, even if they are a male/female pair they often have to be separated. Two males will usually fight to ones eventual death. Plus bettas like a heater.

The comets shouldn't be in with the parrot.

I forget the size of your tank but I think I remember it was too small for the comets and the parrot as it is so your already overstocked.

Comets can get huge, as well as the parrot. I'm going to say no to that mix as well. They require different water conditions, food, etc. And have very different temperments. And like already said, 2 bettas are not a good mix. HTH

none of those fish should be kept together.. not even 1 betta and 1 parrot (the parrot is much too large for a betta to defend itself) and of course its never a good idea to put cold water fish (the most common being goldfish) in with tropicals.

greenmagi said:
none of those fish should be kept together.. not even 1 betta and 1 parrot (the parrot is much too large for a betta to defend itself) and of course its never a good idea to put cold water fish (the most common being goldfish) in with tropicals.
:arrow: :arrow: Yup Magi well written

ok. ich is over. pacu is dead (i did not murder it. it died of ich. u saw that load over its body didnt u). parrot is eating the scales off the comets(at first i thought that they hurt thamselves but it got worst ...). 2morrow i am transfering my parrots to my cousins. i will be left with 2 comets.

so

1 betta + 2 comets = ?

good or bad idea? (water temp is not a problem. i never use a heater coz temp always above 69 deg farenheit here :wink: )

69 degrees is too cold for bettas..
goldfish are big waste producers.. that and the comets need 10 gallons of water per fish.. you would do best to get a 20-29 gallon tank for the comets.. and get a heater and filter for this smaller tank and get a couple of cories to live with your beta..

btw. thanks guys.. I try.. :mrgreen:

well 69 deg farenheit is in winter. lets say that i buy a heater. will the two species get along well. note that the comets are about 1.5inch long without tail length.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

comets are goldfish... there pollute the water alot.. that and they need more space then you have.. I would get a 20+gallon aquarium for them. betta's can be aggessive.. you need to be causious as to what you do put in an aquarium with it.. I think cories are a good match..

Back
Top Bottom