Betta with ADF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anyone know if a Betta would bother ADFs? I have a ten gal that I was toying with putting a Betta into after removing the lonely tetra that is in there. There are three ADFs in there now.

No one? Come now! Where is everyone? I figured the rain would have at least the east cost on.

Tsk, tsk, patience is a virtue...... the vast majority of us on the East Coast are actually at work. It's barely drizzling.

Whether you can keep a betta with adf's depends entirely on the personality of the betta. Some bettas cannot stand anything in their tank with them, others are more peaceful and accommodating.

As with any other plan involving a betta with other species, be sure to have a good backup plan in case it doesn't work out.

I have seen a betta housed with an ADF with no problems. But it all depends on the fish and how big the tank is

I agree with LyndaB that it depends on the betta. They have a highly variable temperament. I do know that some people have done it successfully, but there are also some horror stories out there involving dead frogs. I asked the same question a while ago and I was advised against it by all the amphibian experts. Up to you if you want to take the risk. If you do want to try it, get a betta that is being housed in a community tank so you can see his personality. It is really hard to tell the personality of the ones in the tiny cups because they do not have enough room to exhibit all their behaviors. But, the you can watch the ones in community tanks and see how they interact with their tankmates.

You're going to get very mixed reviews here. Some people will say it's okay, some will say not. Know your betta first, as others have said. You can always try it and keep a close eye on them for at least the first thirty minutes to hour. If all goes well, just keep an eye out everyday.

Back
Top Bottom