Bettas Galore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was wandering through Meijer yesterday and came across a male crowntail betta which I fell in love with and my sister bought him for me... He's now in my 8g tank. Then today I went to find some chili rasboras but ended up saving a female betta which was being tore up by some tiger barbs. Now I have a bunch of bettas!
Now I need help:
1. Would an angelfish and betta be ok together in a 55g tank?
2. Are female bettas any different than male bettas in care?
3. How do you help damaged fins on bettas?
4. How long can a betta be in a 2.6g tank? I want her to be happy but don't have a larger tank around...

PS. I'll post pictures when everyone is happy:). And they're in their tanks?

I was wandering through Meijer yesterday and came across a male crowntail betta which I fell in love with and my sister bought him for me... He's now in my 8g tank. Then today I went to find some chili rasboras but ended up saving a female betta which was being tore up by some tiger barbs. Now I have a bunch of bettas!
Now I need help:
1. Would an angelfish and betta be ok together in a 55g tank?
2. Are female bettas any different than male bettas in care?
3. How do you help damaged fins on bettas?
4. How long can a betta be in a 2.6g tank? I want her to be happy but don't have a larger tank around...

PS. I'll post pictures when everyone is happy:). And they're in their tanks?

1) Maybe™. Female definitely, male maybe.
2) Not really, but females can be a little more prone to jumping, which is important to keep in mind.
3) #1 is clean water. Meds might be needed depending on the situation.
4) Honestly, I think 2.5G is ok for a betta, but no smaller. I've heard 5g is the minimum, but I've actually seen at least one betta that was happier in a 2.5 than a 5.5.

aqua_chem said:
1) Maybe™. Female definitely, male maybe.
2) Not really, but females can be a little more prone to jumping, which is important to keep in mind.
3) #1 is clean water. Meds might be needed depending on the situation.
4) Honestly, I think 2.5G is ok for a betta, but no smaller. I've heard 5g is the minimum, but I've actually seen at least one betta that was happier in a 2.5 than a 5.5.

Ok! Thanks for all the advice:). I'm hoping to get a bigger tank for the female betta in a month or so... But it's nice to know that she'll be fine(y)

Okay, here are the betta pictures:D
Snow White:
img_1716631_0_d5abc6197684b05d9a10cff01087bb84.jpg
img_1716631_1_881d4c54c98dec145b31c5bf5959524c.jpg

Prince Charming:
img_1716631_2_35acaef3f9c1d75ec5f6776a95e39450.jpg
img_1716631_3_2d10a7ceb18e9088fd675b0cefe07bc6.jpg

Also: Would a sorority of female bettas be good with an angelfish in the 55g? Or should I just stick with just one female betta with the angelfish?

Back
Top Bottom