Bettas making Predator faces at each other

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

King Neptune

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just moved my Bettas to a 10 gallon with a divider. They are doing well but want to hang out at the divider and flare up at each other. Will they eventually get used to each other or do I need to do some DIY nonsense to make a darker divider? Any help is appreciated.

Just moved my Bettas to a 10 gallon with a divider. They are doing well but want to hang out at the divider and flare up at each other. Will they eventually get used to each other or do I need to do some DIY nonsense to make a darker divider? Any help is appreciated.

Bettas naturally fight each other. They are very territorial. Even in breeding the female can be killed. I'd use a black divider so they can't see each other.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Sigh...ok DIY it is lol. They cant get to each other at all but I dont want them to stress.

Is there any paint out there that is aquarium safe? If i spray painted the divider black I think it would be good.

Krylon Fusion spray paint is aquarium safe. As per a thread on ReefCentral.com

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Oooor.. Make the divider into a mosswall on both sides :D that's what I would do haha! Will take some time though.

Sent per three-eyed raven..

You could get some flexible cutting boards and fashion a divider out of that. No paint to worry about (krylon would need 48 hrs. Cure imo). Cut slits for flow and call it done.. they're not called fighting fish for nothing; )

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom