BGK wont eat other foods?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

warnerg

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a 3 or 4 inch black ghost knife fish. he is so awesome, but when i moved him from a ten gallon to a 20 gallon long he stop feeding from my hand! i can hand feed him only at the surface. i feed him frozen blood worms but i want to mix his diet so i bought beef heart, but he wont eat the beef heart! is there a reason or way to get him to eat it?????? i keep trying every night

Have you tried just putting the food in after the lights are out? I hope you will be getting a BIG new tank soon. My BGK grew from 4 to 8 inches in about 4-5 months.

oh ok, i've tried that but i took it out before i went to bed because i didnt want it to cloud my water. ill try it tonight and see what happens. And yes i have a 60 gallon back at home and when he gets to big im going to transfer him there. thanks

They like to forage on the ground for food. He might be a little shy since he is in a new tank, so it might be a couple days.
When I first got my BGK (I did the whole 10 gallon thing too...uggh lol) and then moved him to the 75 gallon, I kept it covered for 3 days with a towel so he could get used to the new place without a bunch of outside stimulation. I really think it worked, because after that he would be out at all times of the day, it didn't matter if it was dark or light. Any time I went near the tank, he would swim up to his feeding spot wanting food.

oh ok great! i actually just rearranged all of my plants and his cave so maybe ill do the towel thing, thanks again

Back
Top Bottom