Bicarbonate soda for raising kh and ph how much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andyskoi

Aquarium Advice Regular
Has anyone ever used bicarbonate soda to raise there ph and kh? If so how much per gallon should i be adding as i am reading so many different things online about how much should be used, thanks

My ph was down to 6 in my goldfish/koi tank and they where not happy at all and where flicking off the gravel or just siting on the bottom of the tank so i was advised to use it, thanks

1 teaspoon to every 5 gallons but if it was me I wouldn't add it. Adding it will make the water fluctuate ph levels. Your best bet is to use a little crushed coral in your filter

I will give the crushed coral ago then, thank you

1 teaspoon to every 5 gallons but if it was me I wouldn't add it. Adding it will make the water fluctuate ph levels. Your best bet is to use a little crushed coral in your filter

This is an off set from another post. I had him use Baking Soda as this was a fish emergency with the goldies and koi for reasons I won't get into as he needed to beginning raising the ph/kh slowly over a couple days so as not to shock the fish. I also told him to start using Calcium Montmorillonite Clay weekly as it will raise and keep Kh up but it is also very good for koi health.

Back
Top Bottom