Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-02-2020, 12:32 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Bichir tankmate?

Hello. I am getting a 120 or 125 gallon tank. I plan on putting a bichir in there along with a freshwater puffer. Any thoughts on which puffer would work? What about also adding discus or chiclids? Maybe even a school if small tetras if they are too small and fast for the bichir and puffer. Any thoughts? Any good tankmates I've missed?

Old 03-02-2020, 04:07 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

The only freshwater puffers I know are pea (way to small for your tank) and potato puffers (about 7" but not fish friendly)
Potato puffers stay near the bottom as do bichir so I wouldn't risk it.
Basically keep the bichir with anything too big for it to eat
Oscar's or other larger cichlids might work.

Tags
ate, chi, ich, mate, tan, tank, tankmate

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com